I have worked with the great crew of the Traceability Division of FishWise in some initiatives, I like them because they are genuinely nice people with great ideas yet with both feet on the firm on the grounds. They are currently hiring for three new positions within that Division. Two of these will staff a new Seafood Alliance for Legality and Traceability.
The main goals of the Seafood Alliance for Legality and Traceability are to:
- Expand accessible, interoperable, electronic catch documentation and traceability.
- Increase source country capacities to apply electronic catch documentation and traceability to strengthen fisheries management and to verify fisheries data within these systems.
- Increase incentives and capacities for industry to apply electronic traceability to ensure the legality of wild-caught fisheries products in their supply chains.
They are looking for candidates with:
- Dedication and passion for the stewardship of the oceans, biodiversity, food security, and human rights
- Advanced degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years experience OR Two plus years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree required; three years of experience and an advanced degree preferred
- Established network within the seafood industry, ocean conservation, or biodiversity fields preferred
- An understanding of seafood stakeholder interests, concerns and motivations related to improving seafood traceability and addressing IUU fishing and human rights abuses
Full job descriptions are available on their website: https://www.fishwise.org/about-us/careers/
If you would please share these opportunities with any qualified candidates I would greatly appreciate it.